- September 29th, in 2600 Magazine: Off the Hook radio show
- Up Close With the Madgascar Institute’s Pulse-Jet-Powered Ponies—NYC Maker Faire 2010, in Popular Mechanics
- (photo from Maker Faire), in Gothamist
- Brooklyn Brings a Touch of Geeky Mayhem to ‘Maker Faire’, in Brooklyn Daily Eagle
- Make Your Own Festival, in National Geographic Intelligent Travel blog
- World Maker Faire: Science Fair for Big Kids, in WNYC Culture Desk
Madagascar’s Rascal Cycle
, in Make Magazine Blog
- Does science education need a dose of danger?, in CNET the social blog
- I Met My Maker (Faire), in ReadyMade
- Where Engineering Prowess Meets Burning Man, in NY Times City Room, Sept 24, 2010
- Artists Making It in Detroit, in NY Times, Aug 4, 2010
- WNET Sunday Arts, June 6th: Materials for the Arts
- WBGO Journal, May 28th: Art That Can Kill You(mp3)
- Discovery Channel Canada: Daily Planet
- Welcome to the Academy of Mechanical Arts and Ballistic Sciencesin Popular Mechanics, May 2010
- The Spring Break Massacre, in The Village Voice (slideshow)
- The 5 Best Bicycle Mods from Brooklyn’s 2008 Bike Kill, Popular Mechanics
- It’s Polluted, but the Canal Is Home, and Inspiration, NY Times
- The Madagascar Institute, VBS.tv
- Made in Brooklyn: The World’s Only Jet-Powered Merry-Go-Round, in Amusing the Zillion blog
- This Guy Might Build a Jetpack! Or at Least a Hovercraft!, The Faster Times
- Jet powered hijinks, in Hack-a-day
- Surviving the jet-propelled carousel, in Wired UK
- Jet-Powered Carousel Makes Fiery Maiden Voyage, in Gizmodo
- Madagascar Institute’s jet-powered merry-go-round, in boingboing
- DIY Jet Rides, in Trendhunter
- PM Takes the First Test Ride on a Jet-Powered Carousel in Popular Mechanics
- The Condiment War, in Urban Prankster
- The Madagascar Institute, in Revel in New York
- Gadgetoff 2007 Recap, in DesignVerb!.
- Chapter 6, Bomb Squad: A Year with the Nation’s Most Exclusive Police Unit, book by Richard Esposito and Ted Gerstein (google books)
- Police Surveillance and the 2004 Republican National Convention, in NY Times.
- Burning Man Spreads Its Flame in New York Times, November 12, 2006
- Indian Summer Brooklyn in ArtForum, August 30th, 2006
- New Dork City in Time Out New York, August 24th, 2006
- River Dance in the Village Voice, August 3, 2006
- Bohemian Rhapsodies in the Village Voice, August 1, 2006.
- ArtStar: A Deitch Project for the Television Masses, May 25, 2006.
- Strange Days in Time Out NY, 2005.
- “Outer Spaces”, NYFA Quarterly, Spring 2005
- TRADE SECRETS; Turning Trash Into Gold, in New York Times, March 24, 2005
- Best of New York awards in Village Voice, 2004.
- Best of New York award in NY Press, 2004.
- The Madagascar Institute Strikes Again in NY Press, 2004.
- The S.F. Mad Benefit in SF Weekly
- NYPD surveillance prior to the 2004 GOP convention, in Portland Indymedia
- NYPD SECRET “Key Findings” (local copy)
- Best of New York awards in Village Voice, 2003.
- The Condiment War on Ftrain
- The Condiment War on Mr. Beller’s Neighborhood
- The Condiment War on Whatever-Whatever
- Madagascar Institute Goes Crazy Broadway Style on Ftrain
- Madagascar Inst. on Douglas Rushkoff
- Madagascar Institute, in Jinx Magazine
- B’klyn & Bronx in Junkyard War in NY Daily News
- “Licensed to Ill”in Village Voice
- “Kultur: Feiern im Untergrund”, Der Tagesspiegel, June 4th, 2002
- Black Book, “Arts: Madagascar Institute”, p48, Spring 2002.
- SF vs. NYC in San Francisco Bay Guardian, 2001.